Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

reconnecting

It's been a long time coming.
I've abandoned this little corner of mine.
That much is for sure.
Nonetheless, I have found my way back.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Or so they say.
If I don't say so myself, I think I agree.

You see...

I have made it a goal of mine coming into the year 2012,
that I was going to reconnect with old friends as well as make new ones.
I didn't think I was holding up to my promise.
I just dug myself into a deep cave and forgot many.

The year isn't over yet.
So I went and made that effort.
Made the effort to get out of my comfort zone,
and reconnect with those closest to me in the past.

I am so grateful that I did.

It might have taken something in my own personal life to give me that push,
but either way I found those friends and extended out to them.
Wishing them well and hoping all was going great in their lives.

I might have been scared of the rejection I expected from those I have lost touch with.
However, they greeted me with just the same amount of happiness.
Because of this I am just that more confident that I can put myself out there.

Thank you to those who have accepted me.
The ones who have extended their hellos to me as well.
We are not alone in this world.
No we are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment