It's funny to see how the world works sometimes.
You can go a whole day and think nothing significant happened.
A whole day of experiencing no inspiration.
No motivation to keep you going.
Whether it be from a person or thing.
But you would be surprised what you can learn if you open your eyes.
It's usually the small, miniscule things in our day to day lives that we overlook.
It is those things that we can learn the most from.
I met Patrick today.
It is the second time I've seen him but,
the first time I get to know him as Patrick.
I stood in line at the grocery store packing my items back into my shopping cart.
"You'll need another basket to put your things in!" A voice behind me says jokingly.
I laugh at this man's remark and agree.
I had a ton of things to bring back from this shopping trip.
He looked familiar when I saw his face but don't question it as he leaves.
I pay for my items and thank the girl at the register as I wish her a nice day.
Once I turned the corner outside the store and walk to my car, I see the man again.
He is sitting on a bench outside and we smile at one another as he says,
"A lot of groceries you got there. Big family I bet."
"It's five of us." I reply.
My mother, father, two brothers, and myself. This didn't include our four dogs!
"Wow! You're very responsible to buy the groceries for your family."
I thank him for his comment and we begin to have small talk.
He was on break from his job across the street.
We talk about school, and his daughter, about work and life.
I didn't once find it awkward.
Seeing as I am very awkward with people in general.
He talked to me about kindness.
How people nowadays were always so angry.
Their faces scrunched with furrowed eyebrows displaying anger to the world.
He described my appearance as bright.
I held myself with pose, respect, and openness.
I was delighted to hear that.
I made a conscious effort to show these qualities and show kindness to others.
He told me to keep on going to school.
That there were bigger and better things in my future.
That college was not my last stop.
He probably didn't know it,
but he was instilling within me hope.
He was giving me power.
Some hope.
Some motivation.
And definitely inspiration.
As he helped me put my groceries in my car and bid me farewell,
I couldn't help feel calmness and peace.
I told him I'll see him around and we parted.
He told me his name is Patrick.
I told him mine is Cristina.
Now, I don't know what he might have taken away from our conversation.
But I am glad he crossed my path.
Maybe it was some kind of higher power who put him there.
To show me that it was no coincidence.
To tell me that if I open my heart to others I will gain a lot more in life.
To tell me I'll be okay.
This is to Patrick.
The man who inspired me today.
No comments:
Post a Comment